Centrelink provides assistance to families to help cover the costs of approved childcare.  Lifestreamers Out of School Care and Vacation Care are approved childcare facilities.

To receive these benefits, families are required to register with Centrelink.  Once registered, you will need to provide us with yours and your child/ren’s CRN numbers and your birth dates.  Our system links directly with Centrelink and once the details we enter match what has been provided to Centrelink, your child/ren’s enrolment will be formalised and any benefits will begin to be paid.


The amount of Child Care Benefit you can get for approved child care depends on your yearly family income. Even if you earn too much to receive Child Care Benefit, you still need to lodge a claim for Child Care Benefit to be eligible for the Child Care Rebate.

For more information, please refer to the following website.


The Child Care Rebate covers 50% of out-of-pocket expenses, up to a maximum amount per child per year. Out-of-pocket expenses are your total child care fees less the amount paid on your behalf for Child Care Benefit.

There are four ways to receive your Child Care Rebate:

  • directly to your approved child care service
  • directly to your bank account, fortnightly or quarterly
  • by annual payment to your bank account. This payment option is only available if you receive your Child Care Benefit for approved child care as a lump sum payment.


To be eligible for Child Care Rebate, you need to meet the work, training, study test. You meet this test if you and your partner participated in work-related commitments at some time during the week in which you used child care or are exempt from that requirement. No minimum number of hours is required.

A work related commitment is defined as one or more of these activities:

  • paid work or self employment
  • setting up a business
  • training or studying
  • looking for work
  • voluntary work to improve your work skills (Voluntary work that does not improve work skills must be undertaken for at least 15 hours a week or 30 hours a fortnight).


You will also satisfy the ‘work, training, study test’ if you are either:

  • on annual leave or long-service leave, or
  • on sick or other paid leave, or
  • on paid or unpaid parental leave, for up to a maximum of 12 months, or
  • on self-employment leave (including sick leave), or
  • receiving Carer Payment, or
  • receiving Carer Allowance, or
  • caring for a person with disability, or
  • on carer leave or carer sick leave


For more information, please refer to the following website. http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/child-care-rebate